Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.
– Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
It’s not a competition; it is a platform to present your uniqueness in form of a full-length paper. The event mainly revolves around survey, quality of literature, future scope of research and ultimately your presentation skills. Your innovation, technical and presentation skills will be evaluated by the best researchers in their fields.
Take this event as a challenge to evolve yourselves and bring a revolution in the field of research.
There are two categories for the event namely:
1] Undergraduate Category (UG): Review paper based on scientific literature and research. Strictly allowed only for undergraduate (UG) students.
2] Open Category (OPEN): Original research paper (no review papers allowed). Open for all UG, PG and research scholars.
Participation can be solo or in teams consisting up to 3 members in a team. However, no multiple entries are allowed, i.e. only one review/research paper will be accepted per person/team.
Please read the rules mentioned below for more details.
The event will be conducted in 3 rounds for both the categories.
Round 1: Abstract submission
Participants will have to submit their entries in the form of an abstract for the review/research papers.
The abstract must be sent to this mail ID: [email protected]
Submit the abstracts for Round 1 before 29th January 2023, 23:59 IST in BOTH: Word and pdf format.
Please read the guidelines regarding the abstract mentioned below before submission.
Participants selected for the next round will be sent a confirmation mail stating the same.
Round 2: Paper submission
Selected participants from round 1 will submit their complete review/research paper on the same mail ID, i.e. ( [email protected] ) in BOTH: Word and pdf format.
The papers will be checked for plagiarism and considering depth and quality of the paper, participants will be selected for round 3.
Selected participants will be sent a confirmatory mail of selection along with the details of the 3rd i.e. the final round.
Round 3: Paper Presentation
The final round will be in the form of presentation of the review or research paper which will be held offline in the campus of ICT Mumbai.
The finalists will be presenting their paper in front of experienced and well-qualified judges who will select the winners from both the categories.
Winners will be awarded prizes and will get a chance to publish their article/paper in The Bombay Technologist’s next journal edition!
1] Participation can be solo or in teams consisting of no more than 3 members. Participants of a single team can be of the same or different college/ institution.
2] No participant can be part of more than 1 team.
3] Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4] There is no restriction on the number of teams from the same college.
5] The work must be original and the content/data/figures etc must not be confidential. Vortex will not be responsible if any copyright issues arise during the event.
6] False identity will lead to disqualification on the final day.
Rules for abstract and paper submission:
- Title: The title must be brief and informative. It should be centered with a bold font.
- Abstract: It should state the objective of the work in your own words and summarize the results giving their theoretical and practical significance, as specifically as possible, in not more than 300 words. Do not mention citations or references in the abstract. Mention 3-5 keywords after the abstract.
- Text: In the beginning it should contain an introduction, describing the relevant previous work and the objective of the present investigation.
- The file must be prepared using “Times New Roman” font, “12 point” font size, and justified text with 1.5 line spacing
- Explain the abbreviation at their first occurrence. Example: (Quantum Dots referred to as QDs), Carbon Nanotubes (hereafter referred to as CNT).
- Abstract file should be named as:
For Word file: YOURNAME_LEVEL_TOPIC.docx (e.g. SS_UG_CATALYSIS.docx). LEVEL = UG (OR) OPEN.
For pdf: YOURNAME_LEVEL_TOPIC.pdf (e.g. SS_UG_CATALYSIS.pdf). LEVEL = UG (OR) OPEN.
- Figures used in the paper should be referred in text e.g. (see fig 2.3) or fig 2.3. shows that:
- Page numbers of the manuscript should start from page 1 at the right-hand corner.
- References to be done as per Chemical engineering science journal. (http://www.elsevier.com/journals/chemical-engineering-journal/1385-8947/guide-for-authors)
NOTE: The judging panel reserves the rights to disqualify the participant team if any of the rules given above are breached by any participant. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves updated. The organizers reserve the right to change the rules of the event at any time and will do their best to update the contestants of the same.
- Ansh Gupta (Event Head): 8888909356
- Ruchita Pawar (Event Head): 8976465156
- Soumik Sen (Overall Event Head, Prodigy): 9051578482