Industry Defined Problem (IDP) is one of the most anticipated events of Vortex: The Chemfest of Institute of Chemical Technology (formerly known as UDCT). It combines various disciplines in its quest to provide the most industry-friendly solution making it a unique event. Having a proud lineage of YRC and YICC, IDP is the flagship event of Vortex.
Problems are provided directly by the leaders of the industry and represent the actual issues faced by the companies.
The participants are required to use their technical know-how to come up with innovative and effective solutions fulfilling the conditions set by the industry; these solutions are then analysed by expert industry professionals.
Reliance, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL), United Phosphorous Limited (UPL), DOW, Lakme and L’oreal are just some of the industries we have previously collaborated with.
So, put your best foot forward and exhibit your technical and creative prowess to win up to
Participation: 3rd and 4th Year Undergraduates, Graduate and Post Graduate students with valid ID cards of their respective educational institutes are allowed to participate in The Industry Defined Problems of Vortex 8.0
Teams: Only team participation allowed. Make groups of 2 or 3 members. A team can consist of participants from different colleges provided each one of them has a valid ID card of his/her own college.
Participants have to e-mail a copy of the report and executive summary before 10:00 PM on 27th March, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of email: Team ID – IDP <Alphabet Allotted>
- Please note that no changes will be allowed after submission of these documents.
- Failure to submit the report and summary before the above-mentioned date will lead to automatic disqualification.
- One of the team members needs to present the solution in the meeting platform.
Problem Statements released at: https://www.vortexictmumbai.org/news-and-updates/
- The event will take place on 28th March, 2021.
- The teams will be allotted the IDP statement on a first-come-first- serve basis (based on date and time of payment).
- The last dates of registration is 3rd March,2021.
- The PDF document of these allotments will be uploaded on the website and the allotments would be mailed to you.
- In case the preference form is filled multiple times, only the first entry will be considered.
- In order to have a transparent system and unbiased results, we request all the participants to not include the name, logo, symbol of their institute/college in the presentation or any text they submit.
- During their presentation too it should not be mentioned unless asked by the judges. Failure to abide by this rule may lead to disqualification.
- Each team will prepare a PowerPoint presentation based on their problem which they will present for a period of 10 minutes before the judges.
- Supporting the PPT, a detailed report containing all assumptions, references, appendices and calculations must be presented which will be given to the judges.
- A 2-page executive summary of the solution will also be required for submission to the judges. (Font size 12, Double space)
- After the 10-minute presentation, there will be a 5-minute post- presentation Q&A session with the judges. Questions from the audience will not be entertained.
- All PPTs need to be submitted 30 mins before the official start of the event. No changes will be allowed after submission.
- Not adhering strictly to the time limit will result in negative marking.
- Decision taken by the judges shall be treated as final and binding to all.
- Participants who have duly submitted and presented a solution will only get their participation certificates.
- The organizers reserve the rights to change any of the above rules as they deem fit without any prior intimation.
- Team ID would be allotted to you after registration.
- Aviraj Patole: +917385062747
- Tapashree Das: +918134861936
- Abhishek Avhad (OEH Prodigy): +918483056132
For any other queries or information, mail to:- email@example.com