Vortex 8.0 has introduced a brand-new event this year- SDP to help NGOs across the country. So, let the creativity commence and bring us your best solutions in the form of a report and a power point presentation.
- You can make a team of 1, 2 or 3 participants.
- The team members should be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with each other and also with the event organizers, since the event will be taking place online.
Round 1: Screening Round
- For this round, participants are expected to send a typed pdf document as a report to explain their solution to any one of the problem statements been allotted.
- All entries must be sent to: [email protected]
- The selection will be based on the creativity and the practical feasibility of the solution. The selected candidates will be informed via mail or personal contact.
- Problem statements would be given to choose after participation.
Round 2: Volunteers’ decision
- In this round, the selected participants will be expected to present their solution in the form of a ppt to the volunteers who have worked with the NGOs for many years.
- The participants will have to select any one out of the new problem statements which will be given before this round.
- The volunteers will serve as judges for this round. Finalists will be selected for the final round.
Round 3: Finale
- The finalists will be allotted same or different problem statements and are expected to present a power point presentation to the panel of judges who will be the key personnel of the NGOs.
- 3 finalists will be awarded based on the judges’ decision.
Problem Statements released at: https://www.vortexictmumbai.org/news-and-updates/
FORMAT OF THE REPORT
- Minimum 2 maximum 5 pages, highlighting your solution.
- It can include tables and graphs but not any type of pictures.
- Font: Arial, Font size: 12.
- The problem statement number and title given by the event heads should be the solution report title. The document should be named in the same way.
- The problem statement must be stated at the start, before the solution.
- The problem statement will be different for the next 2 rounds and hence your report will be used only for the screening round.
- The report must be submitted on or before 11:59 PM, 27th February 2021.
RULES REGARDING THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
- The participants are expected to make power point presentations for rounds 2 and 3. The problem statements for both these rounds shall remain the same.
- The presentation should not exceed 20 slides, including the title slide.
- The duration of presentation should be a maximum of 10 minutes. No group will be allowed to exceed this.
- You should be able to explain your solution clearly in the span of 10 minutes.
- There may be follow up questions by the judges and hence the participants are expected to be prepared for the same.
- The presentation can include graphs, pictures and tables. However, the participants are expected to explain the graphs and tables if any.
- All team members are expected to take part in the presentation and explain the solution verbally. The slides cannot be skipped.
- Use of Foul and NSFW language, content or reference is strictly not permitted and will lead to disqualification.
- Ruchira Iyer: +919699664164
- Hazel Dhruve: +919920311739
- Rucha Rane (OEH General): +917045748910
For any other queries or information, mail to:- [email protected]