Do you want to solve the real-life problems faced by people and want to make an effective contribution in the betterment of the society? Our event – Social Defined Problems can give you this opportunity.
SDP helps NGOs across the country by giving them creative and sustainable solutions for the problems they face. So, let the creativity commence and bring us your best solutions in the form of a report and a PowerPoint presentation.
- You can make a team of 1, 2 or 3 participants.
- The team members should be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with each other and also with the event organizers, since the event will be taking place online.
- There are no restrictions on the number of participants from the same college. Participants from other colleges are allowed.
- False identity will lead to disqualification on the final day.
Round 1: Screening Round
- Screening Round For this round, participants are expected to send a typed pdf document as a report to explain their solution to any one of the problem statements been allotted by the event heads.
- This allotment will be final.
- All entries must be sent to: [email protected]
- The selection will be based on the creativity and the practical feasibility of the solution by the event organizers and the decision of these organizers will be final.
- The selected candidates will be informed via mail or personal contact.
Round 2: Finale
- Final Round The finalists will be allotted new problem statements and are expected to present a power point presentation to a panel of judges who will be the key personnel of the NGOs.
- It is mandatory for the person speaking to keep his/her video on.
- It is mandatory to make the presentation in the given template.
- Finalists will be awarded based on the judges’ decision.
Problem Statements released at: https://www.vortexictmumbai.org/news-and-updates/
FORMAT OF THE REPORT
- Minimum 2 maximum 5 pages, highlighting your solution. It can include tables and graphs but not any type of pictures.
- Font: Times New Roman, Font size: 12.
- The problem statement number and title given by the event heads should be the solution report title.
- The document should be named in the same way.
- The problem statement must be stated at the start, before the solution.
- The problem statement will be different for the next round and hence your report will be used only for the screening round.
- The report must be submitted on or before 24th Feb 2022, 11:59pm.
RULES REGARDING THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
- The participants are expected to make power point presentations for round 2.
- The template for the power point presentation will be emailed to the selected teams
on their emails.
- The presentation should not exceed 20 slides, including the title slide.
- The duration of presentation should be a maximum of 10 minutes.
- No group will be allowed to exceed this.
- You should be able to explain your solution clearly in the span of 10 minutes.
- There may be follow up questions by the judges and hence the participants are expected to be prepared for the same.
- The presentation can include graphs, pictures and tables. However, the participants are expected to explain the graphs and tables if any.
- All team members are expected to take part in the presentation and explain the solution verbally.
- The slides cannot be skipped.
- Use of Foul and NSFW language, content or reference is strictly not permitted and will lead to disqualification.
SUBTOPICS which must be Compulsorily include in the Report and Presentation:
- A short introduction to your solution.
- The financial resources required for the solution to be implemented.
- The manpower required for the same.
- A proper time frame for the solution to work out.
- A sound explanation of why your solution is the best and most practical.
- Downsides of the solution.
- Any other relevant subtopics can also be included, however the ones mentioned
above are compulsory.
- Plagiarism can lead to disqualification.
NOTE: The judging panel reserves the rights to disqualify a team if any of the rules are breached. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves updated. The event heads reserve the rights to change the rules of the event at any time and will do their best to update the participants about the same. The IP of the proposed solution will rest with the participants.
- Karthika Menon (Event head)- +91 9967339653
- Anju Venkiteswaran (Event head)- +91 7021019253
- Vedanti Meshram (OEH General)- +91 8959905210
For any other queries or information, mail to:- [email protected]