Ignite is a worldwide network of events with the tagline ‘ENLIGHTEN US BUT MAKE IT QUICK’. There’s nothing like seeing a speaker captivate the audience with the magic of words. Ignite provides a platform for people to move their passions forward. Ever since its inception in 2006, Ignite has spread like fire around the world. It is a way to cross cultural barriers and bring in ideas from all around, and ICT being a college which provides opportunities for people to showcase their talents, sets a perfect platform for Ignite. It’s simple; you just have to make a PPT and present in front of spectators. But the twist is: you must make it quick as you only 5 minutes to enlighten the spectators! So, if you think you can IGNITE us with your IDEA, then be ready for the Most Exciting and High Voltage Event of Vortex 8.0, IGNITE.
The wait is finally over and the entries for IGNITE, one of the flagship events of Vortex, are finally open. Let your ideas come to life with your presentations.
FORMAT OF THE PRESENTATION
- 1 Topic- 20 slides.
- Each slide automatically advances to the next one after every 15 seconds giving a total time of 5 minutes.
- The topic can be anything, literally anything-technical, non-technical, humorous, historical, pop-culture or related to current affairs.
ROUND I: FILTRATION
- The first round of this saga will begin with worthy candidates filling up a google form testing their acumen. BUT acumen isn’t just about being witty, timing also matters! The best responses will move forward to round II, but remember we will also be judging you for how quickly you submit the form after we release them!
- Selection Criteria: ACUMEN
ROUND II: SCREENING
- The filtered candidates who emerged victorious from the google form unleashed at them will be assigned the task of designing PPTs on the IGNITE Template that will be provided to them.
- Choose ANY idea that comes to your mind and baffle us with your ingenuity! However, keep our tagline in mind, “Enlighten us but make it QUICK”! We will also judge you on the basis of your proactiveness to complete the ppt, which will supplement your creativity!
- Selection Criteria: CREATIVITY + PROACTIVENESS
ROUND III: ELIMINATION
- In this round the screened candidates will be required to present their selected presentations where they will be judged on the basis of their oratory and presentation skills.
- Selection Criteria: ORATION + PRESENTATION + WIT
ROUND IV: DENOUNCEMENT
- Welcome to the final episode of this eventful saga where only the most ingenious and skilled minds who have passed grueling tests scan reside. This is it; we are in the Endgame now. The finalists will be presenting in front of our judges. They will be judged upon their ingenuity, rhetorics and your responses to the questions thrown upon you at the day of the finals.
- The candidates will also be befuddled with a challenge a couple days prior to the event that they must overcome and thrive, marks will be rewarded for your efforts on the same.
- Selection Criteria: INGENUITY + RHETORICS + ASTUTENESS + RESILENCE
The deadline for filling the form for Filtration round is 13th Feb 2022, 11:59pm.
- The presentation should not exceed 5 minutes.
- The presentation should have 20 slides (for the topic) plus; 1 introduction slide and 1 time up slide each lasting 15 seconds. (A total of 22 slides).
- Considering that the event will be conducted virtually this year-
• Candidates must ensure a stable internet connection, proper audio-visual settings, etc.
• Candidates must keep their cameras on throughout the duration of 5 minutes.
• Candidates must refrain from adopting any unfair means of conduct during the online event, if found so, they will be disqualified immediately.
• A buffer time of 10 seconds will be given as a compensation for any untimely technical difficulties that may arise; however such issues should be first reported to the Event Heads.
- The slides cannot be skipped, paused or shuffled when they are being presented.
- The presentation could be on ANY topic. However, it should not be controversial or hurtful to anyone’s sentiments.
- Use of Foul and NSFW language, content or reference is strictly not permitted and will lead to disqualification.
- Participants will have the freedom of using any feature of PowerPoint Presentation. However, the presentation must be made on the template provided.
- None of the effects used in the presentation should tamper with the time of the slides.
- The first three rounds will be judged by the Event Heads. The Finale will be judged by our Judges.
- Professionals who have been/are involved in Journalism and Media Activities (Names will be announced soon).
- If any issue arises during the flow of the entire event the final say rests with the Event Heads and the managing team of VORTEX.
- Karanveer Singh Khurana (Event Head): +91 8698772073
- Riya Bhatnagar (Event Head): +91 8450954491
- Vedanti Mesharam (Overall Event Head): +91 8959905210
For any other queries or information, mail to:- [email protected]