Ignite is a worldwide network of events with the tagline ‘ENLIGHTEN US BUT MAKE IT QUICK’. There’s nothing like seeing a speaker captivate the audience with the magic of words. Ignite provides a platform for people to move their passions forward. Ever since its inception in 2006, Ignite has spread like fire around the world. It is a way to cross cultural barriers and bring in ideas from all around, and ICT being a college which provides opportunities for people to showcase their talents, sets a perfect platform for Ignite. It’s simple; you just have to make a PPT and present in front of spectators. But the twist is: you must make it quick as you only 5 minutes to enlighten the spectators! So, if you think you can IGNITE us with your IDEA, then be ready for the Most Exciting and High Voltage Event of Vortex 8.0, IGNITE.
The wait is finally over and the entries for IGNITE, one of the flagship events of Vortex, are finally open. Let your ideas come to life with your presentations.
FORMAT OF THE PRESENTATION
- 1 Topic- 20 slides.
- Each slide automatically advances to the next one after every 15 seconds giving a total time of 5 minutes.
- The topic can be anything, literally anything-technical, non-technical, humorous, historical, pop-culture or related to current affairs.
Round 1: Elimination
- In the initial screening round, you must send the PowerPoint file and a short (1 minute) video introducing yourself and why you feel so strongly about the topic via email by the 23rd of February 2021, 11:59 pm.
- All entries must be sent to [email protected]
Note: The PowerPoint presentation has to be made on the IGNITE TEMPLATE. Selection for further rounds will be based on the content, creativity and conduct. Selected participants will be notified via email.
Round 2: Editorial
- The top participants will be selected and called for screening interviews.
- Questions related to the presentation will be asked.
- Criteria for judging will be diction, stage presence, oratory skills and conduct.
- The top participants will be the finalists.
Round 3: Finale
- The final event will take place via an online conferencing platform. The participants will present in front of the panel of judges.
- Questions pertaining to the topic will be asked after the presentation.
Links and videos of past IGNITE events will be shared.
Kindly send your presentation and your video to [email protected]
The last date for sending us your entries is 23rd February 2021, 11:59 pm.
- The presentation should not exceed 5 minutes.
- The presentation should have 20 slides (for the topic) plus; 1 introduction slide and 1 time up slide each lasting 15 seconds. (A total of 22 slides).
- Considering that the event will be conducted virtually this year-
• Candidates must ensure a stable internet connection, proper audio-visual settings, etc.
• Candidates must keep their cameras on throughout the duration of 5 minutes.
• Candidates must refrain from adopting any unfair means of conduct during the online event, if found so, they will be disqualified immediately.
• A buffer time of 10 seconds will be given as a compensation for any untimely technical difficulties that may arise; however such issues should be first reported to the Event Heads.
- The slides cannot be skipped, paused or shuffled when they are being presented.
- The presentation could be on ANY topic. However, it should not be controversial or hurtful to anyone’s sentiments.
- Use of Foul and NSFW language, content or reference is strictly not permitted and will lead to disqualification.
- Participants will have the freedom of using any feature of PowerPoint Presentation. However, the presentation must be made on the template provided.
- None of the effects used in the presentation should tamper with the time of the slider.
- Gayatri Walvekar: +918788863350
- Vedanti Meshram: +918959905210
- Rucha Rane (OEH General): +917045748910
For any other queries or information, mail to:- [email protected]