Do you have what it takes to make it in the gruelling world of business?
When the pressure is on, will you cave or will you thrive?
Through the amalgamation of two of our biggest general events Management Maestro and Opening Bell Vortex 8.0 brings to you ‘Corporate Tycoon’!
An event that will judge whether you have a skillset geared for the market and an aptitude for management.
Do you like being in charge? Are you quick on your feet? Do you know when to raise the stakes and when to pull out? If the answer to any of these questions is a “yes”, then this event is just for you.
Every team will be given a case study and related questions and they have to work together to present their analysis and solutions in a compact and effective manner to the judges. The answers have to be creative, unique and pragmatic. The score received by every team will be considered for qualification into the second round.
Case studies will be allotted after participation and the last date to submit the solutions will be 27th February 2021.
They will play ‘Stock Market Simulation Game’/ ‘virtual trading game’. Score of this round will be converted into money. The total money earned in Stock Market Simulator and Question paper will be considered as the qualification criteria for round 2.
Using the money earned in Round 2, participants take part in an exciting auction to come up with a business and then convince the judges about your business idea while evaluating your ROI.
Case Studies released at: https://www.vortexictmumbai.org/news-and-updates/
- The teams should consist of 2 members.
- The full event will feature an imaginary currency ‘CT’.
- The time frame for each round will be strictly followed
- Use of foul or inappropriate language, content or reference is strictly not permitted and will lead to disqualification.
ROUND SPECIFIC RULES
- The answers should be submitted in pdf format and it should not exceed 2 pages.
- Solving case study questions is a straightforward process but does require thoughtful preparation in advance if one wishes to win.
- Copying answers from the internet or from some other team is strictly prohibited. Since the questions are open ended case studies the answers should be unique and copying can be easily caught. The students should show their line of reasoning to reach to the final answer clearly or it will be assumed that the answer is copied from somewhere.
- Team has to complete the game & cannot leave the game half way.
- Total time to complete the whole round is 1 hour.
- Participants play a Virtual trading/Stock Market Simulator game here.
- You will be having Rs. 1 crore virtual cash for investing in shares, mutual funds, or fixed deposits.
- You will also have an intraday virtual trading limit of Rs. 1 crore.
- You will need to square off your intra-day transaction before the end of the time period assigned for the game.
- All buy and sell transactions cannot exceed the actual volumes in the market.
- All the rules and regulations pertaining splits and bonuses will be followed.
- Brokerage charged will differ according to the type of trade executed.
- You can reset your portfolio to Rs. 1 crore anytime you want to.
- Organizers will be there in case of any queries, just call to them and they will respond to you at the earliest.
- Participants can play the game any number of times but only the final amount displayed on the screen after the time period is over will be accepted.
- You cannot quit the game before the final score is written.
- Money Earned in Stock Market Simulator; once, written in the Scoresheet will not be changed.
- Calculators are allowed only for this round.
- The sole rights of the auction remains in the hands of organizing committee, their decision will be considered to be the final decision.
- Bidding will start only once the auctioneer completes his/her statement.
- The winner will be declared on the basis of the R.O.I, total money earned in Round 2 & judge’s score.
- The contestants are expected to use all the Cash Points available and if he/she is not able to exhaust it will not be considered into the net profit.
Dates for further rounds would be informed by the event heads. In case of any dispute the organizers will have the final say.
Note: The organizers reserve the right to disqualify the team if any of the rules given are breached by any participant. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves updated.
- Deepak Raj: +918073593713
- Kalpesh Barde: +919987344762
- Rucha Rane (OEH General): +917045748910
For any other queries or information, mail to:-