Industry Defined Problem (IDP) is one of the most anticipated events of Vortex: The Chemfest of Institute of Chemical Technology (formerly known as UDCT). It combines various disciplines in its quest to provide the most industry-friendly solution making it a unique event. Having a proud lineage of YRC and YICC, IDP is the flagship event of Vortex.
Problems are provided directly by the leaders of the industry and represent the actual issues faced by the companies.
The participants are required to use their technical know-how to come up with innovative and effective solutions fulfilling the conditions set by the industry; these solutions are then analysed by expert industry professionals.
Reliance, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL), United Phosphorous Limited (UPL), DOW, Lakme and L’oreal are just some of the industries we have previously collaborated with.
So, put your best foot forward and exhibit your technical and creative prowess to win up to
Participation: 3rd and 4th Year Undergraduates, Graduate and Post Graduate students with valid ID cards of their respective educational institutes are allowed to participate in The Industry Defined Problems of Vortex 2018
Teams: A maximum of three members per team is allowed, however, one can participate individually as well. A team can consist of participants from different colleges provided each one of them has a valid ID card of his/her own college.
Accommodation: It will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Kindly contact the hospitality department regarding the same for further assistance.
1. The event will take place in the Institute of Chemical Technology on 29th October 2018.
2. The registered team will be sent the problem statements via email when they are released.
3. The teams will be allotted the IDP statement on a first come first serve basis (based on date and time of payment) and the pdf document of these allotments will be uploaded on the website.
4. In case the preference form is filled multiple times, only the first entry will be considered.
5. In order to have a transparent system and unbiased results, we request all the participants to not include the name of their institute in the presentation or any text they submit. They shouldn’t mention it unless asked by the judges.
6. Each team will prepare a PowerPoint presentation based on their problem which they will present for a period of 10 minutes before the judges.
7. Supporting the PPT, a detailed report containing all assumptions, references, appendices and calculations must be presented which will be given to the judges
8. A 2 page executive summary of the solution will also be required for submission to the judges. (Font size 12, Double space)
9. After the presentation of 10 minutes, a 5 minutes Q&A session with the judges will resume post-presentation. Questions from the audience will not be entertained
10. ALL PPTs need to be submitted 30 mins before the official start of the event. No changes will be allowed after submission.
11. Not adhering strictly to the time limit will result in negative marking.
- Participants are requested to bring their own laptops.
- Participants will NOT be allowed to enter the research laboratories of ICT.
- Xerox facility will be available for the registered participants in the Library.
- Do not carry or misplace books and Journals of the Prof. M. M. Sharma Library. Strict action will be taken against defaulters.
- ICT will NOT be responsible for the loss of personal belongings like laptops, mobile phones etc.
- NO smoking, drinking or chewing tobacco in the campus.
- Please keep the campus clean.
- The decision taken by the judges shall be treated as final and binding to all.
- Participants who have duly submitted and presented a solution will only get their participation certifications after the closing ceremony.
- Mattresses, pillows and other such conveniences provided must be duly returned. Failure to do so could invite a fine.
- The organizers reserve the rights to change any of the above rules as they deem fit without any prior intimation.
For any queries related to Refunds/ Cancellations/ General:
- Avni Shah – +91 86552 31723